2017220. R. Raman, C. Cvetkovic, R. Bashir, "A modular approach to the design, fabrication and characterization of muscle-powered biological machines", Nature Protocol, 12(3), 519-533, 2017. DOI.10.1038/nprot.2016.185
219. E. A. Corbin, O. O. Adeniba, O. V. Cangellaris, W. P. King, R. Bashir, "Evidence of differential mass change rates between human breast cancer cell lines in culture", Biomedical Microdevices, 19(1), 1-7, 2017. DOI. 10.1007/s10544-017-0151-x
2016218. R. Bashir, "Microcantilevers track single-cell mass", Nature Biotechnology, 34, 1125-1126 (2016) DOI:10.1038/nbt.3725
217. C. Duarte-Guevara, V. V. Swaminathan, B. Reddy, Jr., T. T. Chen, C. H. Wen, Y. J. Huang, J. C. Huang, Y. Liu, and R. Bashir, "Multiplexed label-free electrical detection of loop mediated isothermal amplification for the detection of foodborne bacterial pathogens", RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 103872, DOI: 10.1039/C6RA19685C.
216. E. Krueger, J. Shim, A. Fathizadeh, A. N. Chang, B. Subai, K. Yocham, Katie, P. Davis, E. Graugnard, F. Khalili-Araghi, R. Bashir, D. Estrada, D. Fologea, "Modelling and Analysis of Intercalant Effects on Circular DNA Conformation", ACS Nano, 2016, Sep 27;10(9):8910-7. doi: 10.1021/acsnano.6b04876
215. R. Raman, M. Mitchell, P. Perez-Pinera, R. Bashir, L. DeStefano, "Integrating Design-Thinking and the Scientific Method into Undergraduate Biomedical Engineering Curriculum", Journal of Biological Engineering, 2016. 10:10, DOI: 10.1186/s13036-016-0032-5.
214. M. Melhem, J. Park, L. Knapp, L. Reinkensmeyer, M. Lee, J. Flewellyn, C. Cvetkovic, T. Jensen, R. Bashir, H. J. Kong, L. Schook, "3D printed stem cell-laden, microchanneled hydrogel patch for the enhanced release of cell-secreting factors and treatment of myocardial infarctions", ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng., DOI: 10.1021/acsbiomaterials.6b00176.
213. S. Choi, G. Lee, M. Son, I. S. Park, W. Kim, H. Lee, S.-Y. Lee, S. Na, D. S. Yoon, R. Bashir, J. Park, and S. W. Lee, "Detection of Silver Ions Using Dielectrophoretic Tweezers-Based Force Spectroscopy", Analytical Chemistry, 2016. DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.6b00107
212. P. Duarte-Guevara, C. Duarte-Guevara, A. Ornob, and R. Bashir, "On-Chip PMA labeling of foodborne pathogenic bacteria for viable qPCR and qLAMP detection", Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 2016. 20(8), 1-9, DOI, 10.1007/s10404-016-1778-2
211. R. Raman, N. E. Clay, S. Sen, M. Melhem, E. Qin, H. Kong, R. Bashir, "3D printing enables separation of orthogonal functions within a hydrogel particle", Biomedical Microdevices, 2016, 5, 23; doi:10.1007/s10544-016-0068-9
210. P. Dak, A. Ebrahimi, V. Swaminathan, C. Duarte-Guevara, R. Bashir, M. A. Alam, "Droplet-based Biosensing for Lab-on-a-Chip Platforms", Biosensors, 2016, 6, 14; doi:10.3390/bios60200
209. A. Mehrnezhad, R. Bashir, and K. Park, "Direct characterization of hydrodynamic loading on a MEMS microstructure", Applied Physics Letters, 2016. Appl. Phys. Lett. 108, 114101, http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4944412
208. I. S. Park, T. J. Kwak, G. Lee, M. S., J. W. Choi, S. Choi, K. Nam, S. Y. Lee, W-J. Chang, K. Eom, D. S. Yoon, R. Bashir, and S. W. Lee, "Biaxial Dielectrophoresis Force Spectroscopy: A Novel Stoichiometric Approach Toward Defining Intermolecular Weak Binding Interactions", ACS Nano, 2016. DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.5b05286
207. U. Hassan, J. B. Reddy, N. Watkins, G. L. Damhorst, R. Bashir, "Microfluidic Biochips for Cell Counting", Nature Protocols, 2016. 11(4), 714-726. 2016.
206. R. Raman, C. Cvetkovic, S. G.M. Uzel, P. Sengupta, R. D. Kamm, & R. Bashir, "Optogenetic Skeletal Muscle-Powered Adaptive Biological Machines", PNAS, 2016. 113 (13), 3497-3502
205. R. Bashir, J. B. Reddy, E. Salm, "Electrical Biochips for Biological Detection", Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 16, Issue 1, 2016.
204. E. Corbin*, O. Adeniba*, R. H. Ewoldt, R. Bashir, "Dynamic Mechanical Measurements of the Viscosity of Single Adherent Cells", Applied Physics Letters, 2016. 108, 093701.
203. S. Shim, J. Shim, W. R. Taylor, F. Kosari, G. Vasmatzis, D. A. Ahlquist, R. Bashir, "Magnetophoretic-Based Microfluidic Device for DNA Concentration", Biomedical Microdevices, 2016. 18(2), 1-8, DOI: 10.1007/s10544-016-0051-5
202. R. Raman, B. Bhaduri, A. Shkumatov, M. K. Lee, M. Mir, G. Popescu, H. Kong, R. Bashir, "High-Resolution Projection Micro-Stereolithography for Patterning of Neovasculature", Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2016. 2016 Mar;5(5):610-9. doi: 10.1002/adhm.201500721.DOI: 10.1002/adhm.201500721 (Back Cover Article)
2015201. U. Hassan, B. Reddy, Jr., G. Damhorst, O. Sonoiki, T. Ghonge, C. Yang, and R. Bashir, "A microfluidic biochip for complete blood cell counts at the point-of-care", Technology, 2015. 3(4): 201-213, DOI 10.1142/S2339547815500090
200. G. L. Damhorst, C. Duarte-Guevara, W. Chen, Tanmay Ghonge, B. Cunningham, and R. Bashir, "Smartphone-imaged HIV-1 reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) on a chip from minimally-processed whole blood samples", Engineering, 2015. 1(3): 324-335, DOI 10.15302/J-ENG-2015072
199. O. Khatib, J. D. Wood, A. S. McLeod, M. Goldflam, M. Wagner, G. L. Damhorst , J. C. Koepke , G. P. Doidge, A. Rangarajan, R. Bashir, E. Pop , J. W. Lyding, M. Thiemens, F. Keilmann, and D. N. Basov, "Graphene-based platform for nano-scale infrared near-field nano-spectroscopy of biomolecules in aqueous media", ACS Nano, 2015. DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.5b01184.
198. K. Park, E. Corbin, R. Bashir, "Optomechanical measurement of the stiffness of single adherent cells", Lab on Chip, 2015. Lab on a Chip, 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C5LC00444F
197. D. Neal, M. S. Sakar, R. Bashir, and H. H. Asada, "Mechanical Characterization and Shape Optimization of Fascicle-Like 3D Skeletal Muscle Tissues Contracted with Electrical and Optical Stimuli", Tissue Engineering-Part A, 2015. doi:10.1089/ten.tea.2014.0317
196. H. Hu*, S. Banerjee*, D. Estrada, R. Bashir, W. P. King, "Tip-Based Nanofabrication of Arbitrary Shapes of Graphene Nanostructures for Device Applications", RSC Advances, 2015. DOI: 10.1039/C5RA04257G
195. C. Duarte-Guevara, V. Swaminathan, M. Burgess, B. Reddy, Jr., E. Salm, Y. Liu, J. Rodriguez-Lopez, and R. Bashir, "On-chip metal/polypyrrole quasi-reference electrodes for robust ISFET operation", Analyst, 2015, DOI:10.1039/C5AN00085H
194. V. Chan, D. Neal, S. Uzel, R. Bashir, R. Kamm, and H. Harry Asada, "Fabrication and Formation of Optogenetic, Multi-Strip Cardiac Muscles", Lab on Chip, 2015, DOI: 10.1039/c5lc00222b.
193. S. Chien, R. Bashir, R. M. Nerem, R. Pettigrew, "Engineering as a New Frontier for Translational Medicine", Science Translational Medicine, 2015. Vol. 7 no. 281 pp. 281fs13, DOI:10.1126/scitranslmed.aaa4325
192. V. V. Swaminathan, B. Reddy Jr., E. Salm, P. Dak, C. Duarte-Guevara, A. Fischer, M. A. Alam, and R. Bashir, "Electronic desalting for controlling the ionic environment in droplet-based biosensing platforms", Appl. Phys. Lett. 106, 053105 (2015); DOI: 10.1063/1.4907351.
191. J. Shim, Y. Kim, G. Humphrey, S. Myong, A. Nardulli, F. Kosari, G. Vasmatzis, W. Taylor, D. Ahlquist, and R. Bashir, "Solid State Nanopores for Detection of Methylation in Double-Strand DNA Fragments", ACS Nano, 2015. Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 290–300..
190. G. Damhorst, M. Murtagh, W. R. Rodriguez, R. Bashir, "Microfluidics and Nanotechnology for Detection of Global Infectious Diseases", Microfluidics and Nanotechnology for Detection of Global Infectious Diseases”, Proceedings of the IEEE, 2015 103, 2, Page(s):150 – 160, (Invited Review).
189. V. V. Swaminathan, M. Shannon, R. Bashir, "Enhanced sub-micron colloidal particle separation with interdigitated microelectrode arrays using mixed AC/DC dielectrophoretic scheme", Biomedical Microdevices, 2015, 17 (2), pp. 1-9.
188. K. Lee, M. H. Rich, A. Shkumatov, C. Liu, J. H. Jeong, L. LyeTheng, M. D. Boppart, M. U. Gillette, R. Bashir, J. Lee, H.J. Kong, "Glacier Moraine Formation-Mimicking Colloidal Particle Assembly in Microchanneled, Bioactive Hydrogel for Guided Vascular Network Construction". 2015. Advanced Healthcare Materials, 4: 169. doi: 10.1002/adhm.201570008.
187. Seung-Kyun Kang, Suk-Won Hwang, Sooyoun Yu, Jung-Hun Seo, Elise A. Corbin, Jiho Shin, Dae Seung Wie, Rashid Bashir, Zhenqiang Ma, and John A. Rogers, "Biodegradable Thin Metal Foils and Spin-On Glass Materials for Transient Electronics", Adv. Funct. Mater. 2015, DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201403469
2014186. S. Banerjee, J. Wilson, E. Corbin, J. Shim, A. Aksimentiev, R. Bashir, "Slowing DNA Transport Using Graphene-DNA interactions", Advanced Functional Materials, 2014. 22 DEC 2014, DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201403719
185. M. H. Rich, Min Kyung Lee, Kwanghyun Baek, Jae Hyun Jeong, Larry J Millet, Rashid Bashir, Hyun Joon Kong, "Material-Mediated Proangiogenic Factor Release Pattern Modulates Quality of Regenerated Blood Vessels", Journal of Controlled Release, Vol. 196, 28 December 2014, Pages 363-369
184. E. A. Corbin, F. Kong, C. T. Lim, W. P. King, and R. Bashir, "Biophysical Properties of Human Breast Cancer Cells Measured Using Silicon MEMS Resonators", Lab Chip, 2014. DOI: 10.1039/C4LC01179A
183. J.A. Shepard Neiman, R. Raman, V. Chan, M. G. Rhoads, M. B. Raredon, R. Bashir, P. T. Hammond, L. G. Griffith. "Photopatterning of Hydrogel Scaffolds Coupled to Filter Materials Using Stereolithography for Perfused 3D Culture of Hepatocytes", Biotechnology & Bioengineering, Vol. 112, 5 November 2014, Pages 777-787. DOI: 10.1002/bit.25494
182. U. Hassan, R. Bashir "Coincidence Detection of Heterogeneous Cell Populations from whole blood with Coplanar Electrodes in a Microfluidic Impedance Cytometer", Lab Chip, 2014, 14 (22), 4370 - 4381
181. C. Duarte-Guevara, F.L. Lai, C.W. Cheng, B. Reddy, Jr., E. Salm, V. Swaminathan, Y.K. Tsui, H.C. Tuan, A. Kalnitsky, Y. Liu, and R. Bashir, "Enhanced Biosensing Resolution with Foundry Fabricated Individually Addressable Dual-Gated ISFETs", Analytical Chemistry, 86 (16). DOI: 10.1021/ac501912x
180. E. Salm, Y. Zhong, B. Reddy, Jr., C. Duarte-Guevara, V. Swaminathan, Y. Liu, and R. Bashir, "Electrical Detection of Nucleic Acid Amplification Using an On-Chip Quasi-Reference Electrode and a PVC REFET", Analytical Chemistry, 2014, 86 (14). DOI: 10.1021/ac500897t
179. P. Bajaj, J. A. Rivera, D. Marchwiany, V. Solovyeva, R. Bashir, "Graphene-Based Patterning and Differentiation of C2C12 Myoblasts", Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2014, DOI: 10.1002/adhm.201300550.
178. C. Cvetkovic*, R. Raman*, V. Chan, B. J. Williams, M. Tolish, P. Bajaj, M. L. Sakar, H. H. Asada, M. T. A. Saif, R. Bashir, "Three-dimensionally printed biological machines powered by skeletal muscle". PNAS, 2014, DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1401577111.
177. I. Cho, A. Radadia, K. Farrokhzad, E. Ximenes, E. Bae, A. K. Singh, H. Oliver, M. Ladisch, A. K. Bhunia, B. Applegate, L. Mauer, R. Bashir, J. Irudayaraj, "Nano/Micro and Spectroscopic Approaches to Food Pathogen Detection,". Annual Review in Analytical Chemistry, Invited Review, 2014. 7:15.1–15.24, 10.1146/annurev-anchem-071213-020249.
176. U. Hassan, R. Bashir, "Electrical Cell Counting Process Characterization in a Microfluidic Impedance Cytometer,". Biomedical Microdevices, 2014, DOI 10.1007/s10544-014-9874-0
175. Hwang, G. Park, C. Edwards, E. Corbin, S. Kang, H. Cheng, J. Song, J. Kim, S. Yu, J. Ng, J. Lee, C. Yee, B. Bhaduri, Y. Su, F. G. Omennetto, Y. Huang, R. Bashir, L. Goddard, G. Popescu, K. Lee, and J. A. Rogers, "Chemistry and biocompatibility of single crystalline silicon nanomembranes and associated materials for transient electronics,". ACS Nano, Publication Date (Web): March 31, 2014, DOI: 10.1021/nn500847g
174. P. Bajaj, R. M. Schweller, A. Khademhosseini, J. L. West, R. Bashir, "3D Biofabrication Strategies for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine,". Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 16, Issue 1, 2014.
173. E. Corbin, L. J. Millet, K. R. Keller, W. P. King, and R. Bashir, "Measuring Physical Properties of Neuronal and Glial Cells in Primary Culture with Resonant Microsensors,". Analytical Chemistry, 2014, April 15, 2014, DOI: 10.1021/ac5000625.
172. U. Hassan, N.N. Watkins, C. Edwards, R. Bashir, "Flow Metering Characterization within an Electrical Cell Counting Microfluidic Device", Lab on Chip, 2014, DOI: 10.1039/C3LC51278A.
171. E. A. Corbin, B. R. Dorvel, L. J. Millet, W. P. King, and R. Bashir, "Micro-patterning of Mammalian Cells on Suspended MEMS Resonant Sensors for Long-Term Growth Measurements", Lab on Chip, 2014, DOI: 10.1039/C3LC51217G
170. V. Chan, H. Asada, R. Bashir, "Utilization and Control of Bioactuators Across Multiple Length Scales,". Lab on Chip, 2014, 14, (4), 611–816. Cover Article.
169. G. Popescu, K. Park, M. Mir, R. Bashir, "New Technologies for Measuring Single Cell Mass,". Lab Chip, 2014, 14 (4), 646 - 652.
2013168. N. N. Watkins, U. Hassan, G. Damhorst, H. Ni, A. Vaid, W. Rodriguez, R. Bashir, "Microfluidic CD4+ and CD8+ T lymphocyte counters for point-of-care HIV diagnostics using whole blood." Science Translational Medicine Vol. 5, Issue 214, p. 214ra170, 2013. Cover Article.
167. B. Dorvel, J. B. Reddy, R. Bashir, "Effect of Biointerfacing Linker Chemistries on the Sensitivity of Silicon Nanowires for Protein Detection", Analytical Chemistry, 85 (20), pp 9493-9500, 2013.
166. U. Hassan, R. Bashir, "Research Highlights: Highlights from the latest articles in nanomedicine", Nanomedicine, 8(9), 1369-1371, 2013.
165. R. D. Kamm and R. Bashir, "Creating Living Machines", Annals of Biomedical Engineering, DOI 10.1007/s10439-013-0902-7, 2013.
164. J. Shim, J. A. Rivera, and R. Bashir, "Electron beam induced local crystalization of HfO2 nanopores for biosensing applications", Nanoscale, 2013, 5 (22), 10887-10893. Cover Article.
163. Y. Zhang, H. Keum, K. Park, R. Bashir, and S. Kim, "Micro-Masonry of MEMS Sensors and Actuators", Accepted in IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 2013, DOI: 10.1109/JMEMS.2013.2273439.
162. A. Ebrahimi, P. Dak, E. Salm, S. Dash, S. Garimella, R. Bashir, M. Alam, "Nanotextured Superhydrophobic Electrodes enable Detection of attomolar-scale DNA concentration within a Droplet by non-Faradaic Impedance Spectroscopy", Lab Chip, 2013, Accepted Manuscript, DOI: 10.1039/C3LC50517
161. K. Baek, J. H. Jeong, A. Shkumatov, R. Bashir, and H. Kong, "In Situ Self-Folding Assembly of Multi-Walled Hydrogel Tube for Uniaxial, Sustained Molecular Release", Advanced Materials, Adv. Mater. DOI: 10.1002/adma.201300951, 2013. Inside cover article.
160. G. Damhorst, C. Smith, E. Salm, M. Sobieraj, H. Ni, H. Kong, R. Bashir, "A liposome-based ion release impedance sensor for biological detection,". Biomedical Microdevices, 2013. DOI 10.1007/s10544-013-9778-4.
159. C. Duarte, E. Salm, B. Dorvel, B. Reddy Jr., and R. Bashir, "On-Chip parallel detection of foodborne pathogens using loop-mediated isothermal amplification", Biomedical Microdevices, 2013. DOI 10.1007/s10544-013-9769-5
158. R. Bashir, "Direct DNA Sequencing Using Nanopore Sensors", Genetic Engineering News '60 Years of DNA' Issue. Vol. 33, no. 7. pp34-35. 2013.
157. J. Schmidt, J. Jeong, V. Chan, K. Baek, M. Lai, C. Cha, R. Bashir, H. Kong, "Tailoring the Dependency between Rigidity and Water Uptake of a Microfabricated Hydrogel with the Conformational Rigidity of a Polymer Cross-linker", Biomacromolecules, 2013. DOI: 10.1021/bm302004v
156. G. Damhorst, N. N. Watkins, R. Bashir, "Micro and nanotechnology for HIV/AIDS diagnostics in resource-limited settings", IEEE Transaction of Biomedical Engineering, 60 (3), 715-726, 2013.
155. V. Chan, R. Raman, C. Cvetkovic, and R. Bashir, "Enabling Micro- and Nano-Scale Approaches for Bioengineered Cardiac Tissue", ACS Nano, 2013, 7 (3), pp 1830-1837.
154. J. Shim, G. Humphreys, B.M. Venkatesan, J.M. Munz, X. Zou, C. Sathe, K. Schulten, F. Kosari, A. Nardulli, G. Vasmatzis, and R. Bashir, "Detection and Quantification of Methylation in DNA using Solid-State Nanopores," Scientific Reports, 3, 1389, 2013.
153. B. Bhaduri, D. Wickland, R. Wang, V. Chan, R. Bashir, and G. Popescu, "Cardiomyocyte Imaging Using Real Time Spatial Light Interference Microscopy Imaging (SLIM)," PLOS One, 8 (2), e56930, 2013.
152. E. Salm, C. Duarte, P. Dak, B. Dorvel, B. Reddy Jr., A. Alam, and R. Bashir, "Ultra-localized Thermal Reactions in Sub-Nanoliter Droplets-in-Air," PNAS, DOI:10.1073/pnas.1219639110, 2013.
151. A. Chen, T. Byvank, W.-J. Chang, A. B., G. Vieira, B. Miller, J. J. Chalmers, R. Bashir, and R. Sooryakumar, "On-chip Magnetic Separation and Cell Encapsulation in Droplets", Lab on Chip, DOI: 10.1039/c2lc41201b, 2013.
150. B. Dorvel, G. Damhorst, V. Chan, J. Shim, S. Banerjee, C. Cvetkovic, R. Raman, R. Bashir, "Research Highlights from the last year in nanomedicine", Nanomedicine, 8(1), 13-15, 2013.
149. S. Banerjee, J. Shim, J. Rivera, X. Jin, D. Estrada, V. Solovyeva, X. You, J. Pak, E. Pop, N. Aluru, R. Bashir, "Electrochemistry at Edge of Single Graphene Layer in a Nanopore", ACS Nano, 7 (1), pp 834-843, 2013.
148. E. A. Corbin, L. J. Millet, J. H. Pikul, C. L. Johnson, J. G. Georgiadis, W. P. King, and R. Bashir. "Examining the Micromechanical Properties of Hydrogels Using MEMS Resonant Sensors," Biomedical Microdevices, 10.1007/s10544-012-9730-z, 2013.
147. P. Bajaj, D. Marchwiany, C. Duarte, and R. Bashir, "Patterned Three Dimensional Encapsulation of Embryonic Stem Cells Using Dielectrophoresis and Stereolithography". Advanced Healthcare Materials, DOI: 10.1039/c2lc40837f, 2013.
146. E. Salm, N. Jokilaakso, A. Chen, L. Millet, C. Duarte Guevara, A. Eriksson Karlström, R. Sooryakumar, Y. Chen, H. Ji, Y. Chen, and R. Bashir, "Single Cell Manipulation and Ultra Localized Cell Lysis Using Silicon Nanowires,". Lab on Chip, 2013, DOI: 10.1039/C2LC40837F. Inside Cover Article.
145. V. Chan, K. Park, M. B. Collens, T. A. Saif, H. Kong, and R. Bashir, "Walking Biological Machines with Hydrogels and Cardiomyocytes using a 3D Stereo-Lithographic Printer." Sci. Rep. 2, 857; DOI:10.1038/srep00857, 2012.
144. E. J. De Souza, W. Ahmed, V. Chan, R. Bashir, M. T. A. Saif, "Cardiac myocytes' dynamic contractile behavior differs depending on heart segment". Biotechnology and Bioengineering, DOI: 10.1002/bit.24725.
143. I. S. Park, K. Eom, T. J. Kwak, J. S. Son, W. J. Chang, T. Kwon, D. S. Yoon, R. Bashir, and S. W. Lee, "Microfluidic Multifunctional Probe Array Dielectrophoretic Force Spectroscopy with Wide Loading Rate". ACS Nano, Vol 6, No. 10, 8665-8673, 2012.
142. V. Chan, M.B. Collens, J.Jeong, K. Park, H. Kong, and R. Bashir. "Directed Cell Alignment on Protein-Printed 3D Stereolithographic Hydrogels". Virtual and Physical Prototyping, Special Issue on Stereolithography, 7(3): 219-228, 2012
141. B. R. Dorvel, J. B. Reddy, Jr., J. Go, C. D. Guevara, E. Salm, M. A. Alam, and R. Bashir, "Fabrication of High-k Hafnium Oxide Based Silicon Nanowires for Sensitive Detection of Small Nucleic Acid Oligomers", ACS Nano, VOL. 6, NO. 7, 6150-6164.2012.
140. J. Go, P. R. Nair, B. Reddy Jr., B. Dorvel, R. Bashir, and M. A. Alam. "Coupled Heterogeneous 'Nanowire-Nanoplate' Planar Transistor Sensors for Giant (>10V/pH) Nernst Response". ACS Nano, VOL. 6, NO. 7, 5972-5979, 2012.
139. L. J. Millet, E. A. Corbin, R. Free, K. Park, W. P. King, and R. Bashir. "Characterization of Mass and Swelling of Hydrogel Microstructures using MEMS Resonant Mass Sensor Arrays". Small, Vol. 8, No. 16, 2555-2562, 2012.
138. K. Park, J. Shim, V. Solovyeva, E. Corbin, S. Banerjee, and R. Bashir, "Hydrodynamic loading and viscous damping of patterned perforations on microfabricated resonant structures". Applied Physics Letters, 2012.
137. K. Park, N. Kim, D. T. Morisette, N. Aluru, and R. Bashir, "Resonant MEMS Mass Sensors for Measurement of Micro-droplet Evaporation". IEEE/ASME JMEMS, DOI: 10.1109/JMEMS.2012.2189359.
136. R. Bashir, "Nanobiosciences" Point of View Article, Proceedings of the IEEE, 100, 5, DOI: 10.1109/JPROC.2012.2187362, 2012 , 1015 - 1016.
135. G. Credo, X., Su, D. Liu, K. Wu, O. Elibol, J. B. Reddy, T.-W. Tsai, B. Dorvel, J. Daniels, R. Bashir, M. Varma, "Specific detection of pyrophosphate from DNA polymerase reactions by chemically functionalized field-effect sensors", Analyst, DOI: 10.1039/c2an15930a, 2012.
134. J. H. Jeong, V. Chan, C. Cha, P. Zortuluna, C. Dyck, K. Jimmy Hsia, R. Bashir, H. J. Kong, ""Living" Microvascular Stamp for Patterning of Functional Neovessels; Orchestrated Control of Matrix Property and Geometry". Advanced Materials, Vol. 24, No. 1, January 3, 2012, Cover Article (1. supplementary information)
133. V. Chan, J. H. Jeong, P. Bajaj, M. Collens, T. Saif, H. J. Kong, R. Bashir, "Multi-Material Bio-Fabrication of Hydrogel Cantilevers and Actuators with Stereolithography". Lab on Chip, 2012, 12, 88-98. Back Cover Article.
132. B. M. Venkatesan, D. Estrada, S. Banerjee, X. Jin, V. E. Dorgan, M. Bae, N. Aluru, E. Pop, and R. Bashir, "Stacked Graphene-Al2O3 Nanopore Sensors for Sensitive Detection of DNA and DNA-Protein Complexes". ACS Nano, Vol. 6, No. 1, 441-450, 2012.
131. N. Watkins, D. Irimia, M. Toner, R. Bashir, "On a Chip", in November/December 2011 issue of IEEE Pulse, A Magazine in the IEEE Engineering and Medicine Biology Society. Co-Guest Editors, R. Bashir, A. Khademhosseini, S. Sia.
130. L. J. Millet, M. B. Collens, G. L. Perry, and R. Bashir, "Spatial distribution and analysis of neurons in culture". Integrative Biology, DOI: 10.1039/C1IB00054C, 2011.
129. P. Bajaj, B. Reddy, L. Millet, C. Wei, P. Zorlutuna, G. Bao, and R. Bashir, "Patterning the differentiation of C2C12 skeletal myoblasts". Integrative Biology, 2011, 3, 897-909.
128. E. Salm, Y-S. Liu, D. Marchwiany, D. T. Morisette, Y. He, A. K. Bhunia, and R. Bashir, "Electrical Detection of dsDNA and Polymerase Chain Reaction Amplification". Biomedical Microdevices, 2011, Volume 13, Number 6, Pages 973-982 (1. erratum)
127. B. M. Venkatesan and R. Bashir, "Nanopore Sensors for Nucleic Acid Analysis". Nature Nanotechnology, 2011, 10.1038/nnano.2011.129.
126. P. Zorlutuna, J. H. Jeong, H. Kong, and R. Bashir, "3-Dimensional Polymer Microenvironments for Examining Spatial Cellular Interaction". Adv. Funct. Mater. 2011, 21, 3642-3651.
125. M. Mir, Z. Wang, Z. Shen, M. Bednarz, R. Bashir, I. Golding, S. Prasanth, G. Popescu, "Optical Measurement of Cell Cycle Dependent Mass Growth". PNAS, 2011, doi/10.1073/pnas.1100506108.
124. D. J. Liu, G. M. Credo, X. Su, K. Wu, H. C. Lim, O. H. Elibol, R. Bashir, and M. Varma, "Surface Immobilizable Chelator for Label-free Electrical Detection of Pyrophosphate". Chemical Communications, 10.1039/c1cc12073e, 2011.
123. E. Lidstone, V. Chaudhery, A. Kohl, V. Chan, T. Wolf-Jensen, L. Schook, R. Bashir, and B. Cunningham, "Label-free imaging of cell attachment with photonic crystal enhanced microscopy". Analyst, 2011, DOI: 10.1039/c1an15171a.
122. B. M. Venkatesan, J. Polans, J. Comer, S. Sridhar, D. Wendell, A. Aksimentiev, and R. Bashir, "Lipid Bilayer Coated Al2O3 Nanopore Sensors: Towards A Hybrid Biological Solid-State Nanopore", Biomedical Microdevices, DOI: 10.1007/s10544-011-9537-43, 2011.
121. X. Tang, P. Bajaj, R. Bashir, T. Saif, "How far cardiac cells can see each other mechanically", Soft Matter, 10.1039/C0SM01453B, 2011. Cover Article
120. A. D. Radadia, C. J. Stavis, R. Carr, H. Zeng, W. King, J. A. Carlisle, A. Aksimentiev, R. J. Hamers, R. Bashir, "Ultrananocrystalline diamond thin films as stable antibody tethering surfaces for bacterial capture", Adv. Funct. Mater. 2011, 21, 1040-1050. Cover Article
119. Z. Wang, L. Millet, V. Chan, H. Ding, M. U. Gillette, R. Bashir, and G.l Popescu, "Label-free intracellular transport measured by Spatial Light Interference Microscopy", Journal of Biomedical Optics, 16, 026019, Feb 28, 2011, doi:10.1117/1.3549204. Also selected for Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research.
118. N. N. Watkins, S. Sridhar, X. Cheng, M. Toner, W. Rodriguez, and R. Bashir, "A microfabricated electrical differential counter for the selective enumeration of CD4+ T lymphocytes", Lab Chip, 2011, 11, 1437-1447. Cover Article. Also selected as Hot Article on RSC Website.
117. J. B. Reddy, Jr., Brian R. Dorvel, J. Go, P. Nair, O. H. Elibol, G. M. Credo, J. S. Daniels, E. K.C. Chow, M. Madoo, M. A. Alam, and R. Bashir, "Fabrication and Characterization of Nanowire and Nanoplate Field Effect pH Sensors", Biomed Microdevices, DOI 10.1007/s10544-010-9497-2011.
116. J. B. Reddy, O. H. Elibol, P. R. Nair, B. R. Dorvel, F. Butler, Z. Ahsan, D. E. Bergstrom, M. A. Alam, and R. Bashir "Localized Heating on Silicon Field Effect Transistors: Bio-Chemical Reactions and Device Optimization", Anal. Chem., dx.doi.org/10.1021/ac102566f, 2011.
115. Millet L.J., Park K., Watkins N.N., Hsia K.J., Bashir R., "Separating Beads and Cells in Multi-channel Microfluidic Devices Using Dielectrophoresis and Laminar Flow", JoVE, 2011. 48. 2011 1. http://www.jove.com/index/Details.stp?ID=2545, doi: 10.3791/2545
114. K. Park, L. J. Millet, J. Huan, N. Kim, G. Popescu, N. Aluru, K. J. Hsia, R. Bashir, "Measurement of adherent cell mass and growth", Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010. doi/10.1073/pnas.1011365107
113. P. Bajaj, X. Tang, T. A. Saif and R. Bashir, "Stiffness of the substrate influences the phenotype of embryonic chicken cardiac myocytes", Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2010, DOI: 10.1002/jbm.a.32951
112. N. Privorotskaya, H. Zeng, J. A. Carlisle, R. Bashir, and W. P. King, "Piezoresistive Microcantilevers from Ultrananocrystalline Diamond", IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromchanical Systems, Vol. 19, No. 5, 2010, pp. 1234-1242.
111. C. Stavis, T.L. Clare, J. E. Butler, A. D. Radadia, R. Carr, H. Zeng, W. King, J. A. Carlisle, A.i Aksimentiev, R. Bashir, and R. J. Hamers, "Surface functionalization of thin-film diamond for highly stable and selective biological interfaces", Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2010 (10.1073/pnas.1006660107).
110. A.K.M. Newaz, W.-J. Chang, K.D. Wallace, L.C. Edge, S.A.Wickline, R. Bashir, A. M. Gilbertson, L.F. Cohen, and S.A. Solin, "A ballistic Inverse-EOC nanosensor for sub-wavelength high sensitivity room temperature photon detection", Applied Physics Letters, 97, 2010.
109. V. Chan, P. Zorlutuna, J. H. Jeong, H. Kong, R. Bashir, "Three-Dimensional Photopatterning of Hydrogels using Stereolithography for Long-Term Cell Encapsulation", Lab on Chip, 10(16), 2010.Back Cover Article.
108. W. J. Chang*, H.-J. Suk*, A. K. M. Newaz, S. Wickline, S. A. Solin, R. Bashir, "Fluidic Characterization of electric field sensitivity of Ti-GaAs Schottky junction gated field effect biosensors", Biomedical Microdevices, 2010, 12:849-854. *Equal contribution.
107. N. Privorotskaya*, Y. S. Liu*, J. Lee, H. Zeng, J. A. Carlisle, R. Bashir, and W. P. King, "Silicon-Diamond Microcantilever Heaters for Rapid Thermal Lysing of Cells", Lab Chip, 2010, 10, 1135 - 1141, *Equal contribution.Back Cover Article.
106. B. M. Venkatesan, A.B. Shah, J.M. Zuo, and R. Bashir, "DNA Sensing using Nano-crystalline Surface Enhanced Al2O3 Nanopore Sensors", Advanced Functional Materials, 20, 8, 1266-1275, 2010.Cover Article.
105. B. Dorvel, B. Reddy Jr., I. Block, P. Mathias, S. E. Clare, B. Cunningham, D. E. Bergstrom, and R. Bashir, "Vapor-Phase Deposition of Monofunctional Alkoxysilanes for Sub-Nanometer-Level Biointerfacing on Silicon Oxide Surfaces", Advanced Functional Materials, 20(1), 2010.Inside Cover Article.
104. N. Watkins, B. M. Venkatesan, M. Toner, W. Rodriguez, R. Bashir, "A Robust Electrical MicroCytometer with 3-Dimensional Hydrofocusing or Portable Blood Analysis", Lab Chip, 2009, 9, 3177-3184.Cover Article.
103. S. H. Baek, W. J. Chang, J. Y. Baek, D. S. Yoon, R. Bashir, S. W. Lee, "A ‘dielectrophoretic force microscopy’ technique for measurement of chemical and biological interactions", Anal. Chem., 2009, 81, 7737–7742. Cover Article.
102. O. H. Elibol, B. Reddy Jr., P. R. Nair, B. Dorvel, F. Butler, Z. Ahsan, D. E. Bergstrom, M. A. Alam, and R. Bashir, "Localized Heating on Silicon Field Effect Transistors: Device Fabrication and Temperature Measurements in Fluid", Lab Chip, 2009, DOI: 10.1039/b906048k.Back Cover Article.
101. I. D. Block, P. C. Mathias, M. Ganesh, S. I. Jones, B. R. Dorvel, V. Chaudhery, L. O. Vodkin, R. Bashir, and B. T. Cunningham, "A Detection Instrument for Enhanced-Fluorescence and Label-Free Imaging on Photonic Crystal Surfaces", Optics Express, Vol. 17, Issue 15, pp. 13222-13235.
100. A.M. Gilbertson, A.K.M. Newaz, Woo-Jin Chang, R. Bashir, S.A. Solin, and L.F. Cohen, "Dimensional crossover and weak localization in ultra thin n-GaAs films", Applied Physics Letters, 95, 012113, 2009.
99. K. Park, H. Suk, D. Akin and R. Bashir "Dielectrophoretic-based cell manipulation using electrodes on reusable printed circuit board", Lab Chip, 2009, 9, 2224 - 2229.Back Cover Article.
98. O. K. Koo, S. Shuaib, Y. Liu, M. R. Ladisch, R. Bashir, and A. K. Bhunia, "Targeted Capture of Pathogenic Bacteria using Mammalian Cell Receptor on Microfluidic Chip", Anal. Chem. 2009, 81, 3094–3101.
97. B. M. Venkatesan, B. Dorvel, S. Yemenicioglu, N. Watkins, I. Petrov, R. Bashir, "Fabrication and characterization of low stress, mechanically robust Al2O3 nanopores for the electronic detection of biomolecules", Advanced Materials, 21(27), 2009, 2771 – 2776.Cover Article.
96. J. M. Moon, D. Akin, Y. Xuan, P. Ye, P. Guo, R. Bashir, "Capture and alignment of phi29 viral particles in sub-40 nanometer porous alumina membranes", Biomedical Microdevices, 11:1 February 2009.
95. Y-S. Liu, R. Bashir, "Electrical Detection of DNA Molecules", BMES Bulletin, VOL. 32, No. 3, 2008, pp. 14-15.
94. B. M. Venkatesan, O. H. Elibol, B. Dorvel, K. Park, R. Bashir, "Research Highlights" in News and Views Section, Nanomedicine, 3(5), 613-615, 2008.
93. S. Bhattacharya, D. Gangopadhyay, N. Chanda, S. A. Grant, Y. Liu, P. R Sharp, R. Bashir, K. Gangopadhyay, S. Gangopadhyay, "Low voltage capillary electrophoresis using high conductivity agarose nano-platinum composites", Sensor Letters, 2008.
92. S. Bhattacharya, N. Chanda, Y. Liu, K. Gangopadhyay, R. Bashir, P. R. Sharp, and S. Gangopadhyay, "Enhanced DNA Separation Rates in Nano-Platinum Doped Agarose", Journal of Bionanosciences, Vol. 2, pp1-8, 2008.
91. O. Elibol, J. Reddy, R. Bashir, "Localized heating and thermal characterization of high electrical resistivity silicon-on-insulator sensors using nematic liquid crystals", Applied Physics Letters, Vol.93, Issue 13, 2008.
90. J. Lee, J. Jang, D. Akin, C. A. Savran, and R. Bashir , "Real-time Detection of Air-borne Viruses on a Mass-sensitive Device", Applied Physics Letters. 93, 013901. 2008.
89. L. Yang, P. P Banada, A. K Bhunia and R. Bashir, "Effects of Dielectrophoresis on the Immuno-reactivity, the Growth Profile, and the Viability of Listeria monocytogenes", Journal of Biological Engineering, Journal of Biological Engineering 2008, 2:6 doi:10.1186/1754-1611-2-6.
88. O. Elibol, J. Reddy, R. Bashir, "Nanoscale thickness double-gated field effect silicon sensors for sensitive pH detection in fluid", Applied Physics Letters, 92, 193904 2008. Also selected for the May 15, 2008 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research.
87. K. Park, J. Jang, D. Akin, J. Lee, J. Sturgis, J. P. Robinson, D. Irimia, M. Toner, R. Bashir, "Concentration, Growth and Mass Measurements of Mammalian Cells on Silicon Cantilevers", Lab Chip, 2008, 8, 1034-1041.Cover Article.Selected as a Hot Article for the RSC website.
86. J. Jang, D.Akin, R. Bashir, "Effects of Inlet/Outlet Configurations on the Electrostatic Capture of Airborne Nanoparticles and Viruses for Cantilever Biosensors", Meas. Sci. Technol. 19, 2008, 065204.
85. L. Yang, R. Bashir, "Electrical/ Electrochemical Impedance for Rapid Detection of Foodborne Pathogenic Bacteria", Review Article, Biotechnology Progress, Biotechnology Advances 26 (2008) 135 - 150.
84. S. Bhattacharya, S. Salamat, D. Morisette, P. Banada, D. Akin, Y-S. Liu, A. K Bhunia, M. Ladisch, and R. Bashir, "PCR based-detection in a micro-fabricated platform", Lab. Chip., 2008, 8, 1130 - 1136.
83. Y-S. Liu, P. P. Banada, S. Bhattacharya, A. K. Bhunia, and R. Bashir , "Electrical Characterization of DNA Molecules in Solution using Impedance Measurements", Applied Physics Letters, 92, 143902, 2008. Also selected for the April 28, 2008 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology.
82. S. W. Lee, W. J. Chang, R, Bashir, ""Bottom-up" approach for implementing nano/microstructure using biological and chemical interactions", Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, Volume: 12, 185-199, 2007.
81. G. Zeltzer, J. C. Randel, A. Gupta, R. Bashir, S.-H. Song and H. C. Manoharan, "Scanning optical homodyne detection of high-frequency picoscale resonances in cantilever and tuning fork sensors", Applied Physics Letters, 91, 173124 , 2007.
80. M-R. Choi, Katie J. Stanton-Maxey, C. S. Levin, Rizia Bardhan, Demir Akin, Jennifer Sturgis, J. Paul Robinson, Rashid Bashir, Naomi J. Halas, and Susan E. Clare, "A cellular Trojan Horse for delivery of therapeutic nanoparticles into tumors", Nanoletters, 7(12) pp 3759 - 3765, 2007.
79. K. Park, D. Akin, R. Bashir, "Electrical Capture and Lysing of Viruses in Silicon Nanoprobe Array", Biomedical Microdevices 9:6, December 2007.
78. P. Bajaj, A. Gupta, D. Akin, O. Auciello, R. Bashir, "Characterization of Cell Growth on Ultrananocrystalline Diamond Thin-Films", Biomedical Microdevices, 9:6, December 2007.
77. R. Flores-Perez, A. K. Gupta, R. Bashir, A. Ivanisevic, "Cantilever-Based Sensor for the Detection of Different Chromophore Isomers", Anal. Chem.; 2007; ASAP Article; DOI: 10.1021/ac0703000.
76. D. Akin, J. Sturgis, K. Burkholder, D. Sherman, S. Muhammad, A. Bhunia, J. Paul Robinson, Rashid Bashir, "Bacterial Mediated Delivery of Nanoparticles in Cells", Nature Nanotechnology, 149, 441-449, 2007.. Click here for a commentary in Nature Nanotechnology
75. S. W. Lee, H. Li, and R. Bashir, "Novel Dielectrophoretic Tweezers for Examining Particle-Surface Interactions within Microfluidic Devices", Appl. Phys. Lett. 90, 223902, 28th May 2007. (also selected for June 11, 2007 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology).
74. X. Cheng, Y.-S. Liu, U. Demirci, D. Irimia, L. Yang, L. Zamir, W. Rodriguez, M. Toner, R. Bashir, "Electrical CD4 Counting for Management of HIV-infected Subjects," Special Issue on Cells and Tissue in Microsystems, Lab. Chip., 2007, 7, 746 - 755.
73. S. Bhattacharya, J. Jang, L. Yang, D. Akin, and R. Bashir, "BioMEMS And Nanotechnology Based Approaches For Rapid Detection Of Biological Entities", (Invited Review) Journal of Rapid Methods & Automation in Microbiology 15. 2007. 1-32.
72. Y.-S. Liu, T. M. Walter, W.-J. Chang, K.-S. Lim, L. Yang, S. W. Lee, A. Aronson, and R. Bashir, "Electrical Detection of Germination of Model Bacillus Anthracis Spores in Microfluidic Biochips", Lab. Chip., 2007, 7, 603 - 610.
71. A. P. Davila, J. Jang, A. Gupta, T. Walter, A. Aronson, and R. Bashir, "Microresonator Mass Sensors for Detection of Bacillus Anthracis Sterne Spores in Air and Water", Biosensors & Bioelectronics, Volume 22, Issue 12, 15 June 2007, Pages 3028-3035.
70. S. Iqbal, D. Akin, R. Bashir, "Solid State Nanopores with DNA Selectivity", Nature Nanotechnology, 2, 243 - 248, 01 Apr 2007.
69. A. Gupta, P. Nair, D. Akin, S. Broyles, M. Ladisch, A. Alam, R. Bashir, "Anamolous Resonance in a Nanomechanical Biosensor", Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, USA. August 28, 2006, 103: 13362-13367.
68. Tom T. Huang, David G. Taylor, Kwan Seop Lim, Miroslav Sedlak, Rashid Bashir, Nathan S. Mosier, and Michael R. Ladisch, "Surface Directed Boundary Flow in Microfluidic Channels", Langmuir, 2006; 22 (14); 6429-6437.
67. H. Chang, M. Venkatesan, S. M. Iqbal, D. Peroulis, G. Andreadakis, F. Kosari, G. Vasmatzis, R. Bashir, "DNA Counterion Current and Saturation Examined by a Solid State Nanopore Sensor", Biomedical Microdevices, Volume 8, Number 3, September, 2006, Pages 263-269.
66. J. Jang, D. Akin, K. S. Lim, S. Broyles, M. R. .Ladisch, and Rashid Bashir, "Capture of Airborne Nanoparticles in Swirling Flows Using Non-Uniform Electrostatic Fields for Bio-Sensor Applications" Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Volume 115, Issue 1, 23 May 2006, Pages 189-197.
65. P. P. Banada, Y. Liu, L. Yang, R. Bashir, and A. K. Bhunia, "Performance evaluation of a low conductive Growth Medium for growth of bacteria including Listeria monocytogenes under normal and stress conditions", International Journal of Food Microbiology, Volume 111, Issue 1, 15 August 2006, Pages 12-20.
64. L. Yang, P. Banada, M. R. Chatni, K, Lim, M. Ladisch, A. Bhunia, R. Bashir, "A MultiFunctional Micro-Fluidic System for Dielectrophoretic Concentration Coupled with Immuno-Capture of Low Number of Listeria monocytogenes", Lab Chip, 6, 896-905, 2006. (also selected as an article for the Chemical Biology Virtual Journal (www.rsc.org/chembiolvj)).
63. A. Ghafoor, D. Akin, R. Bashir, "The Delocalization of Vaccinia Genome and Core as Observed by Ex-Situ Atomic Force and Fluorescence Microscopy", Nanobiotechnology, 1, 4, 337-345, 2006.
62. L. Johnson, A. Gupta, D. Akin, A. Ghafoor, R. Bashir, "Detection of Vaccinia Virus Mass using Micromechanical Cantilever Sensors", Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol 115/1 pp 189-197, 2006.
61. K. S. Lim, W.-J. Chang, Y.-M. Koo, and R. Bashir, "Reliable Fabrication Method of Transferable Micron Scale Metal Pattern for Poly(dimethylsiloxane) Metallization", Lab. Chip., 1, 578 - 580, 2006.
60. H. Chang, S. M. Iqbal., E. A. Stach, A. H. King, N. J. Zaluzec, R. Bashir, "Fabrication and Characterization of Solid State Nanopores using Field Emission Scanning Electron Beam", Applied Physics Letters, 88, 103109, 2006. Also published online in Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, March 20, 2006.
59. N. Z. Butt, A. M. Chang, H. Raza, R. Bashir, J. Liu, and D. L. Kwong, "Low frequency noise statistics for the breakdown characterization of ultrathin gate oxides", Applied Physics Letters, 88, 112901, 2006.
58. S. Lee, R. Bashir, "Dielectrophoresis and Chemically Mediated Assembly of three Terminal Silicon MOSFETS", Advanced Materials, 17, 2671-2677, 2005.
200557. L. Yang, P. P. Banada, Y. Liu, A. K. Bhunia, and R. Bashir, "Conductivity and pH Dual Detection of Growth Profile of Healthy and Stressed Listeria monocytogenes", Biotechnology & Bioengineering, 92, 6, 20 December 2005, 685-694.
56. R. Gomez, D. Morrisette, R. Bashir, "Microfluidic BioElectronic Processors for Rapid Detection of Live Bacterial Cells", IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 14, No. 4, Aug 2005, pp. 829-838.
55. S. Iqbal, G. Balasubramaium, S. Ghosh, D. Bergstrom, R. Bashir, "Electrical Characterization of DNA Molecules in Nano-scale Gap Junctions", Applied Physics Letters, 86, 11th April, 2005. Also selected for the April 15, 2005 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research.
54. H. Li, Y. Zheng, D. Akin, R. Bashir, "Characterization and Modeling of a Micro-Fluidic Dielectrophoresis Filter for Biological Species", IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems. Vol. 14, No. 1, February 2005, pp. 105 - 111.
53. A. Gupta, D. Akin, R. Bashir, "Detection of Bacterial Cells and Antibodies Using Surface Micromachined Thin Silicon Cantilever Resonators", Journal of Vaccum Science and Technology-B, Microelectronics and Nanometer Structures, November 2004, Volume 22, Issue 6, pp. 2785-2791.
52. H. Li, R. Bashir, "On the Design and Optimization of Micro-Fluidic Dielectrophoretic Devices: A Dynamic Simulation Study", Biomedical Microdevices, 6:4, 289-295, 2004.
51. R. Bashir, "BioMEMS: State of the Art in Detection and Future Prospects", Invited Paper in Advanced Drug Delivery Review, Special issue: Intelligent Therapeutics: Biomimetic Systems and Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery, Edited by N.A. Peppas, Vol 56/11 pp 1565-1586, 2004.
50. H. Chang, F. Kosari, G. Andreakakis, M. A. Alam, G. Vasmatzis, R. Bashir, "DNA Mediated Fluctuations in Ionic Current through Silicon Oxide Nano-Channels", Nano Letters vol. 4, No. 8, 1551-1556, 2004.
49. A. Gupta, D. Akin, R. Bashir, "Single virus particle mass detection using microresonators with nanoscale thickness", Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 84, No. 11, pp. 1976-1978, 15th March 2004.
48. D. Akin, H. Li, R. Bashir, "Real-Time Virus Trapping and Fluorescent Imaging in Micro-fluidic Devices", Nano Letters, 4(2) pp 257 - 259, 2004.
47. T. T. Huang, W.-J. Chang, D. Akin, R. Gomez, R. Bashir, N. Mosier, and M. R. Ladisch, "Fabrication Of Microfluidic Channels Using Microfiber With Poly(Dimethylsiloxane)", AICHE Journal, November 2003, Vol. 49, No. 11, pp. 2984-2987.
46. O. H. Elibol, D. Morisette, D. Akin, R. Bashir, "Integrated Nano-Scale Silicon Sensors Using Top-Down Fabrication", Applied Physics Letters. Volume 83, Issue 22, pp. 4613-4615, December 1, 2003.
45. W.-J. Chang, D. Akin, M. Sedlek, M. Ladisch, R. Bashir, "Hybrid Poly(dimethylsiloxane) (PDMS)/Silicon Biochips For Bacterial Culture Applications", Biomedical Microdevices 5:4, 281-290, 2003.
44. T. Geng, K. Kim, R. Gomez, D. Sherman, R. Bashir, M. R. Ladisch, and A. K. Bhunia, "Expression of Cellular Antigens of Listeria Monocytogenus that React with Monoclonal Antibodies C11E9 and EM-7G1 Under Acid, Salt, or Temperature Induced Stress Environments", Journal of Applied Microbiology, 95, pp762-772, 2003.
43. T. T. Huang, T. Geng, D. Akin, W. J. Chang, J. Sturgis, R. Bashir, A. K. Bhunia, J. P. Robinson, M. R. Ladsich, "Micro-assembly of functionalized particulate monolayer on C18 derivatized SiO2 surfaces", Biotechnol Bioeng. Volume 83, Issue 4, Date: 20 August 2003, Pages: 416-427.
42. S. W. Lee, R. Bashir, "Dielectrophoresis and Electro-hydrodynamics Mediated Fluidic Assembly of Silicon Resistors", Appl. Phys. Lett. 83, 3833 (2003) -(also in Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology--November 10, 2003, Volume 8, Issue 19 ).
41. J. Zachary Hilt, Amit Gupta, Rashid Bashir, and Nicholas A. Peppas, "Ultra-sensitive biomems sensors based on Microcantilevers patterned with environmentally responsive hydrogels", Biomedical Microdevices, Volume 5, Issue 3. pp. 177-184, September 2003.
40. H. McNally, M. Pingle, S. W. Lee, D. Guo, D. Bergstrom, and R. Bashir, "Self-Assembly of Micro and Nano-Scale Particles using Bio-Inspired Events", Applied Surface Science, vol 214/1-4 pp 109 - 119, 2003.
39. A. Gupta, J. Denton, H. McNally, and R. Bashir, "Novel Fabrication Method for Surface Micro-Machined Thin Single-Crystal Silicon Cantilever Beams", IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vl. 12, No. 2, April 2003, pp. 185-192.
38. T. Huang, J. Sturgis, R. Gomez, T. Geng, R. Bashir, A. K. Bhunia, J. P. Robinson, M. R. Ladisch, "Composite Surface for Blocking Bacterial Adsoprtion on Protein Biochips", Biotechnol Bioeng 81:618-624, 2003.
37. R. Bashir, J.Z. Hilt, A. Gupta, O. Elibol, and N.A. Peppas, "Micro-mechanical Cantilever as an Ultra-Sensitive pH Micro-sensor", Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 81, No. 16, pp 3091-3093, Oct 14th, 2002.
36. H. Chang, A. Ikram, T. Geng, F. Kosari, G. Vasmatzis, A. Bhunia, and R. Bashir, "Electrical characterization of microorganisms using microfabricated devices", J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 20, 2058 (2002).
35. H. Li, R. Bashir, "Dielectrophoretic separation and manipulation of live and heat-treated cells of Listeria on microfabricated devices with interdigitated electrodes", Sensors and Actuators B, 86, 215-221, 2002.
34. R. Gomez, R. Bashir, A. K. Bhunia, "Microscale Electronic Detection of Bacterial Metabolism", Sensors and Actuators B, 86, 198-208, 2002.
33. S. W. Lee, H. A. McNally, D. Guo, M. Pingle, D. E. Bergstrom, and R. Bashir, "Electric-Field-Mediated Assembly of Silicon Islands Coated with Charged Molecules", Langmuir, 18, 3383-3386, 2002.
32. R. Bashir, "DNA Nanobiostructures", Materials Today, Nov/Dec. 2001, pp. 30-39 (Invited Review).
31. R. Bashir, F. Hebert, J. DeSantis, J. M. McGregor, W. Yindeepol, K. Brown, R. Razouk, F. Moraveji, T. Mills, P. Hopper, J. Mcginty, L. Smith, and T. Krakowski, "A Complementary Bipolar Technology Family with a Vertically Integrated PNP for High Frequency Analog Applications", Special Issue on Bipolar Technology, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 48, no. 11, November 2001, pp. 2525-2534.
30. S. Bourland, J. Denton, A. Ikram, G. W. Neudeck, And R. Bashir, "SOI Processes For The Fabrication Of Novel Nano-Structures", Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 19, no. 5, Sept/Oct 2001, pp. 1995-1997.
29. H-M. Cheng, M. T. S. Ewe, R. Bashir, and G. C. T. Chiu, "Modeling and Control of Piezoelectric Cantilever Beam Micro-Mirror and Micro-Laser Arrays to Reduce Image Banding in Electrophotographic Processes", Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 11, 2001, pp. 487-498.
28. R. Gomez, R. Bashir, T. Geng, A. Bhunia, M. Ladisch, H. Apple, S. Wereley, "Micro-Fluidic Bochip for Impedance Spectroscopy of Biological Species", Biomedical Micro-Devices, vol. 3, no. 3, September 14th, 2001, p. 201-209.
27. J. Ward, R. Bashir, and N. Peppes, "Micropatterning of Biomedical Polymer Surfaces by Novel UV Polymerization Techniques", Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, Volume 56, Issue: 3, 24th Apr 2001, Pages: 351-360.
26. R. Bashir, R. Gomez, A. Sarikaya, M. Ladisch, J. Sturgis, and J. P. Robinson, "Adsorption of Avidin on Micro-Fabricated Surfaces for Protein Biochip Applications", Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Volume 73, Issue 4, May 2001, pp. 324-328.
25. R. Bashir, K-J Chao, and A. E. Kabir, "Atomic Force Microscopy Study of Self-Assembled Si1-xGex Islands Produced by Controlled Relaxation of Strained Films", Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology-B, Vol. 19, No. 2, March/April 2001, pp. 517-522.
24. S. Lee and R. Bashir, "Modeling and Characterization of Deep Trench Isolation Structures", Microelectronics Journal, Vol. 32, No. 4, Jan 2001, pp. 295-300.
23. R. Bashir, "DNA-Mediated Artificial Nano-Bio-Structures: State of the Art and Future Directions", Superlattice and Microstructures, vol. 29, issue 1, p, January 2001, p. 1-16 (Invited Review).
22. R. Bashir, A. Gupta, G. W. Neudeck, M. McElfresh, and R. Gomez, "On the Design of Piezoresistive Silicon Cantilevers with Stress Concentration Regions for Scanning Probe Microscopy Applications", Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Volume 10, Number 4, December 2000, pp. 483-491.
21. R. Bashir and F. Hebert, "Stability of Boron And Phosphorus Implanted Tungsten Silicide Structures at HighTemperatures", Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology-B, Vol. 18, No. 4, July/Aug, 2000.
20. J. Babcock, P. Francis, R. Bashir, A. E. Kabir, T. Dhayahude, W. Yindeepol, S. J. Prasad, A. Kalnitsky, M. E. Thomas, H. Haggag, K. Egan, R. Razouk, and D. K. Schroder, "Precision Electrical Trimming of Poly-SiGe Resistors", IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 283-285, June 2000.
19. R. Bashir, T. Su, J. M. Sherman, G. W. Neudeck, J. Denton, and A. Obeidat "Reduction of Sidewall Defect Induced Leakage Currents by the Use of Nitrided Field Oxides in Silicon Selective Epitaxial Growth (SEG) Isolation for Advanced ULSI", Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology-B, Vol. 18, No. 2, March/April 2000.
18. R. Gomez, G. W. Neudeck, R. Bashir, "On the Design and Fabricaton of Novel Lateral Bipolar Transistor in a Deep-Submicron Technology", Microelectronics Journal, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 199-205, Feb 2000.
17. A. E. Kabir, R. Bashir, J. Bernstein, J. De Santis, R. Mathews, J. O. O'Boyle, C. Bracken, "Very High Sensitivity Acoustic Transducers with Thin P+ Membrane and Gold Back Plate", Sensors and Actuators-A, Vol. 78, issue 2-3, pp.138-142, 17th Dec. 1999.
16. R. Bashir, A. E. Kabir, and K. Chao, "Formation of Self-Assembled Si1-xGex Islands Using Reduced Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition and Subsequent Thermal Annealing of Thin Germanium Rich Films", Applied Surface Science, 152, pp. 99-106, 1999.
15. R. Bashir, A. E. Kabir, P. Westrom, D. Rossman, "Phosphorus and Arsenic Dopant Profile Control for High Performance Epitaxial Base Bipolar Junction Devices", Applied Physics Letters, Volume 75, Issue 6, pp. 796-798, August 9th , 1999.
14. R. Bashir, F. Wang, W. Yindepool, J. De Santis, J. McGregor, "Back Gated Buried Oxide MOSFETs in a High Voltage Bipolar Technology for Bonded Oxide/SOI Interface Characterization", IEEE Electron Device Letter, Vol. 19, No. 8, pp. 282-284, August 1998.
13. R. Bashir, A. E. Kabir, F. Hebert, C. Bracken, "Tungsten Silicide and Tungsten Polycide Anisotropic Dry Etch Process for Highly Controlled Dimensions and Profiles", Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology-B, 16(4), pp. 2118-2120, Jul/Aug 1998.
12. M. Jamal Deen, S. Rumyantsev, R. Bashir, R. Taylor, "Measurements and Comparison of Low Frequency Noise in NPN and PNP Polysilicon Emitter Bipolar Junction Transistors", Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 84, No.1, pp. 625-633, 1st July 1998.
11. R. Bashir, F. Hebert, "PLATOP-A Novel Planarized Trench Isolation and Field Oxide Formation Using Poly-Silicon", IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol.17, No. 7, pp. 352-354, July 1996.
10. J. M. Sherman, G. W. Neudeck, J. P. Denton, R. Bashir, W. W. Fultz, "Elimination of the Sidewall Defects in Selective Epitaxial Growth (SEG) of Silicon for a Dielectric Isolation Technology", IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol.17, No. 6, pp. 267-269, June 1996.
9. R. Bashir, S. Kim, N. Qadri, D. Jin, G. W. Neudeck, J. P. Denton, G. Yeric, K. Wu, A. Tasch, "Degradation of Insulators in the Silicon Selective Epitaxial Growth Ambient", IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 306-308, Sept. 1995.
8. R. Bashir, G. W. Neudeck, H. Yen, E. P. Kvam, "Characterization and Modeling of Sidewall Defects in Selective Epitaxial Growth of Silicon", Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology-B, Vol. 11, no. 5, p. 928-935, June/July 1995.
7. R. Bashir, G. W. Neudeck, H. Yen, E. P. Kvam, and J. P. Denton, "Characterization of Sidewall Defects in Selective Epitaxial Growth of Silicon", Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology-B, Vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 923-928, June/July 1995.
6. R. Bashir, W. McKweon, A. E. Kabir, "A Simple Process to Produce High Quality Silicon Surface Prior to Selective Epitaxial Growth ", IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 392-395, June 1995.
5. H. Yen, E. P. Kvam, R. Bashir, G. W. Neudeck, "Microstructural Examination of Extended Crystal Defects in Silicon Selective Epitaxial Growth", Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1331-1339, 1993.
4. R. Bashir, S. Venkatesan, H. Yen, G. W. Neudeck, E. P. Kvam, "Doping of Poly-crystalline Silicon Films Using an Arsenic Spin-on-Dopant Source", Journal of Vaccum Science and Technology-B, Vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1903-1905, Sept/Oct 1993.
3. R. Bashir, S. Venkatesan, G. W. Neudeck, J. P. Denton, "A Poly-Silicon Contacted Sub-Collector BJT for a 3-Dimensional BiCMOS Process", IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 392-395, Aug 1992.
2. R. Bashir, G. W. Neudeck, "A Technique to Measure the Dynamic Response of a-Si:H Circuits", Solid State Electronics, Vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 973-974, 1990.
1. R. Bashir, C. Subramaniam, G. W. Neudeck, K. Y. Chung, "Transit Time Studies and Electron Mobility Measurement in Hydrogenated Amorphous Silicon Thin Film Transistor", IEEE Transaction on Electron Devices, Vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 2944-2948, Dec. 1989.